Thursday 31 October 2013

Round up of Dysautonomia Awareness Month Australian and New Zealand


Well it's the 31st today. The last day of October and the last day of Dysautonomia Awareness Month. It has been a fantastic month and it's been a privilege to have so many fantastic guest posts here on the blog. And I've really enjoyed having an Australian and New Zealand focus as our voice can be swamped at times. Now as my hands are playing up and weak again, I've attempted another vlog to round up the month and look at what awareness means and the need to continue it past this month.


After the fact I noticed how bad my lips are. Chronic dehydration has been a real problem of late regardless of fluid and salt intake. Can't wait until Summer when I can have regular IV Saline again.

I've also included a video I put up on Facebook the other day. It's my attempt at a "It Does Get Better" video. Now since that day when I was bemoaning the fact that I couldn't remove the black bars on the sides. I have since learnt that simply turning my phone on the side solves the issue. D'oh! Yep I am that dull some days. Well most days. Okay so the dumb is there every day, it's just the degree of dumb that varies.


For those unfamiliar, a short explanation of Dysautonomia can be found here.
One of the most famous people with a form of Dysautonomia is former Yellow Wiggle, Greg Page, who lent his name to a research fund at The Baker IDI, here in Melbourne, Australia. Donations can be made at The Greg Page fund For Orthostatic Intolerance.


The musical interlude for today is Today I'm a Daisy by Deborah Conway. This was my very first attempt to create a video and I'm still quite patrtial to it. 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you can 'open' this YouTube song Michelle, i'm a bit of a technophobe, it's one of my favourites by Chris Rea, and I will forever see you and yours when I hear it from now on. Blessings of chocolate, coffee and macarons on you, Tricia x

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNYVtH5B_TY&list=PL7P1WmoitGdjVThewJ3aFRbP7P7VjpvkZ

    ReplyDelete

All who are lovely enough to comment should be showered with cup cakes, glitter and macarons. I promise to use my spoon bending mind powers to try and get that happening for all who are lovely enough to share their words. Those who go the extra step to share posts should really get a free unicorn. Or at least the gift of finding the shortest and quickest line at the supermarket on a regular basis. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.