Monday 2 April 2012

Dear Body


Dear Body,

Can you please get your shit together? You see I had a plan. Well many plans, actually. More than I can count really and you seem hell bent on laying a huge steaming nard on all of them, even the most mundane.

You see after my last little break I was going to get my shit together and come back to blogging all revitalised. Body rested. Mind rested. Soul and spirit put back together with a blob of used Blu-tack and some strategically placed duct tape. (If you've ever watched Myth Busters you know that'll fix it).

But instead of returning triumphant astride my trusty stead, head of my slain dragon held high in my hand, I am bed bound once more. Taken out by a bug that refuses to die. This was not part of the plan, body. And I am not happy with this situation.

You see the regular crap I can handle. Well sort of. Okay, I can rock denial with the best of them. But added crap seems a tad unfair. And added crap in the form of atomic mucus, hacking coughs and sweat that smells like the distilled essence of a thousand gym socks, is really not fair. Or sexy. Poor Mr Grumpy.

The whole mind over matter really doesn't seem to be working too well. I have been using my limited, though hard working, neurons to try and get you back in line and you just keep giving me the middle finger at every opportunity.

I would very much appreciate it if you could stop being a pratt and let me live life, even a little. We don't really have to like each other, but we can still work together. It might even turn out to be mutually advantageous. It's not much to ask really. So please body, can we give peace a chance?

Yours sincerely
Me

10 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back and hoping that your body will give you a break, if only a little one. Feel better~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Autumn. I think it should be breaks all round :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah, Body! Stop being such a cunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You tell it Elly! I'm sure it's running scared now :)

      Delete
  3. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sierra. Fingers crossed I'll pick up soon.

      Delete
  4. You deserve a break lady, and for selfish reasons I want to "see" you again online more!!! Despite the time difference :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve a break too. It does get a bit hard to keep up with everything when you're body keeps sucker punching itself.

      Delete
  5. If I had a dollar for every time my list of things to do that day mirrored those listed above, I would have more than enough to fly to Australia (first class!) and visit you (though as to whether or not my health would ever afford me such a trip is anyone's guess though! ;D). Alas though, as you said, Canada and Australia are rather distant lands and for that reason (and the fact that no one is giving me said dollars), it looks like we may have to just cross paths online.

    Something which I'm certainly happy we've done. Thank you deeply for your recent comment over at Chronically Vintage and for letting me know how you came to discover my blog.


    Wishing you a beautiful, serene weekend,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Jessica. I think that it's the lament of the chronically ill everywhere. Oh to travel again! Til then luckily we have the online world which lets you travel from the comfort of your own couches. Glad to have found your blog as well, and look forward to reading more of your posts.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend too. :)

    ReplyDelete

All who are lovely enough to comment should be showered with cup cakes, glitter and macarons. I promise to use my spoon bending mind powers to try and get that happening for all who are lovely enough to share their words. Those who go the extra step to share posts should really get a free unicorn. Or at least the gift of finding the shortest and quickest line at the supermarket on a regular basis. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.