Through many long chocolatey hours of trial and error I have found the best brownie recipe ever, regardless of intolerances. You have no idea how many brownies I have cooked and eaten to get to this point, but I did it, I took one for the team (one brownie that is), well more than one probably closer to 20 or 30 but who's counting.
I refuse to have a life without chocolate brownies so here are my no fail, food intolerance and Bob friendly,
"Brownies From Heaven"
375gm Dark Chocolate (the best you can afford although I have used home brand and it has tasted just as good)
250gm Butter (salted of course, I do have Bob after all)
1 3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar (plus extra tsp to eat while cooking)
1 cup SR Gluten Free Flour
1 tsp Xanthum Gum
1/3 cup Cocoa
1/3 cup Sifted Icing Sugar
- Heat oven to 180 C.
- Line a 20 x 30 cm slice pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients (except icing sugar) and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add melted chocolate and butter. Combine until mixture comes away from sides of bowl.
- Try to refrain from eating huge spoonfulls of mixture, this can be difficult and you may require someone to pull you away from the bowl.
- Pour into pan.
- Cook for 20 mins. (Warning: ignore the siren song of the cooking brownies. They smell so good but don't be tempted to open oven door or they will sink).
- The slice will still be a bit gooey on the inside when warm and does sink a little as it cools.
- You can eat it now, it is so gooey and good, but may crumble (not that this has stopped me in the past).
- When cool top with sifted icing sugar and chop into matchbox sized pieces.
- Eat brownies savouring each gooey chocolatey bite. YUMMO.
Any day with a chocolate brownie is a good day!
I love brownies, but are a terrible cook, Even before dys took my brain. But i still try When i got the posibility. And Even more When i can trick my man to help ( do the work :)).ReplyDelete
I migth give This a try, but what is xanthum gum?
Here i live up north where the Vikings partyed, They have desided that low carb is heaven, so the milk is in everything. My dark chocolat ( 70) is Even infested. But i will find chocolat Whit out milk again. Even if i have to import it my self:)
Best w from the other side