Friday 3 October 2014

Sophie Ploeg: Exploring Dysautonomia through the Arts: Dysautonomia Awareness Month 2014

Today, for Dysautonomia Awareness Month, I'm honoured to have Sophie Ploeg sharing her experience of living with Dysautonomia through a sketch. It was Sophie's painting The Blue Dress, which was the inspiration for the theme for this month. I can relate to both Sophie's description of the in between feeling of pre-syncope and her sketch with one ptosed eye during an episode. I'm sure many others will too.



Sophie is an award winning Dutch artist living in the UK. A mum of two boys and top chick. You can check out more of Sophie's work here.

As you know I have *POTS and for the sketch I thought of how I feel during an episode. I suffer from pre-syncope: my body shuts down and is about to pass out, except I don't pass out and hang in between conscious and unconscious. With all the fun symptoms that come with that. 





*(POTS: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)

For more information on Dysautonomia be sure to check out:

Remember to head on over here to donate to my Clicking My Heels For Dysautonomia, raising money for the Greg Page Fund for Orthostatic Intolerance and Dysautonomia research, at The Baker IDI. Thanks to the generosity of many we've already raised over $2,600, keep donating and hopefully we can reach $10,000.



1 comment:

All who are lovely enough to comment should be showered with cup cakes, glitter and macarons. I promise to use my spoon bending mind powers to try and get that happening for all who are lovely enough to share their words. Those who go the extra step to share posts should really get a free unicorn. Or at least the gift of finding the shortest and quickest line at the supermarket on a regular basis. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.