How does Friday come around so quickly? I swear it sneaks up on me each week. Mind you, no longer working and a week punctuated with coma sleep will mess with your ability to keep up with the space-time continuum. So probably not all that surprising. Plus being easily surprised does make life a wee bit more interesting. Ooo look it's Friday! Ooo look the coffee grinder is full! Ooo look.....!
The old brain hasn't been working on all four cylinders this week as evidenced by the fact that I have a stock of "I Rock" pictures sitting, waiting in a specific folder for today's posts, yet forgot entirely. Instead I had a "Oh shit! I need a photo for today's post" moment and headed out to the backyard with my phone, a pen and some sticky labels to hunt down a long suffering Thor for today's picture. The dumb is strong today.
Despite this, I have had some highlights where I pulled a rock star performance from my nether regions to shine for an hour or three.
This week I rocked because....
- I wrote a Saturday post last week. I have no idea why I did this as Saturday is not known for it's huge reader numbers. But it went off on the forums and over over on FB. Seems a lot of us have difficulties with talking. Who knew?
- I cleared off a garden path so that I can now safely make it down the slope we live on, to pick lemons from my lemon tree. This was something that has been annoying me for months. Every time I would head out to grab a lemon and I would be thwarted by the overgrown path of doom that required a machete and Indiana Jones to navigate. I swear I heard the onion grass mocking me from the centre of the path. Take that onion grass!
- I made a batch of bone shaped biscuits, or Puppy 'crack' biscuits as I like to call them, for the mutts. There's not much Thor and Freyja wont do for a taste of those savoury titbits of China white.
- I also made a batch of hotcrossless buns. I have no idea where the baking mojo came from, or why I thought my protesting body would agree to me making them. But I managed them and just embraced the following coma sleep, rather than ruing it's existence.
- Feel free to share with anyone else who you think may benefit from recognising and celebrating, just how much they've rocked this past week.
I have had some messages from people saying they have trouble commenting on the blog. I'm not sure why, but it seems that commenting from a phone is playing up the most. I did have someone suggest logging in using Safari as an option. Not that I know how you log in using Safari. or what Safari is exactly, other than the go look at lions and giraffes version. But hey if you do, give it a go and see what happens. :)
This song by C2C featuring D Martin is one of my favourite pick me up/rock/celebrating songs. How can you not feel happy listening to this? And the dancing is just amazing.