Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy songs for less than happy days.

The last few months have been pretty big on the bleech side of the ledger. I could bore you all stupid (and myself if I'm honest) whilst I list off all my woe-is-mes. But really that wont change the majority of them. My other option is to pick myself up. Dust myself off.  And at least attempt to find my happy place. I've found it in the past and I know I'll find it again. But sometimes you have to do the hard yards before you get there.

As part of that journey I have been using music. Lots of different types of music, for all sorts of genres. But I decided to push a bit more and be a bit more direct for my dull brain and find Happy songs ie Happy or some version of the word in the title. So here's a bit of a list of my latest listenings, plus a few suggestions from my trusty friends on Facebook.

So if you're feeling a little down play a few and sing along. Play them loud, dance away, tap your fingers or your toes. Break out some fabulous spirit fingers or dance in your mind. What ever takes your fancy.

And hopefully they can bring a little joy.

Personally Judy and C2C tend to be my play it loud and sing along songs of choice, but there's a little something for everyone.

1. Pharrell Williams, Happy (2013)
 

2. Goldfrapp, Happiness (2009)
 

3. C2C, featuring D. Martin, Happy (2012)

4. Judy Garland, Get Happy (1950)
 

 5. REM, Shiny Happy People (1991)
 

6. Boney M., Happy Song (1984)
 

7. Kermit the Frog, Happy Feet 
 

8. Bobby Ferrin, Don't Worry Be Happy (1988)

9. Otis Redding,The Happy Song (1968)

Feel free to add any others in the comments.

Cheers
Michelle :)

3 comments:

  1. Cheesy, but fun :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdmw7VdFYjg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it. Though realising it's 22yrs since that movie came out is making me feel a little old ;)

      Delete
  2. What a fabulously fun note to kick off the new year on! I have a long, long list of songs that make me happy/feel good and play many of them often (as you know, life with CI doesn't exact provide the most upbeat or inspiringly cheerful soundtrack of its own!). Some of my top faves (though they don't have the word happy in their titles) are "Life is a Highway" by Tom Cochrane, "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, "Two Princes" by Spin Doctors, "Born in the USA" by Springsteen, and just about anything upbeat by Elvis, The Beachboys, Bryan Adams, and The Bee Gees.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

All who are lovely enough to comment should be showered with cup cakes, glitter and macarons. I promise to use my spoon bending mind powers to try and get that happening for all who are lovely enough to share their words. Those who go the extra step to share posts should really get a free unicorn. Or at least the gift of finding the shortest and quickest line at the supermarket on a regular basis. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.