The last few months have been pretty big on the bleech side of the ledger. I could bore you all stupid (and myself if I'm honest) whilst I list off all my woe-is-mes. But really that wont change the majority of them. My other option is to pick myself up. Dust myself off. And at least attempt to find my happy place. I've found it in the past and I know I'll find it again. But sometimes you have to do the hard yards before you get there.
As part of that journey I have been using music. Lots of different types of music, for all sorts of genres. But I decided to push a bit more and be a bit more direct for my dull brain and find Happy songs ie Happy or some version of the word in the title. So here's a bit of a list of my latest listenings, plus a few suggestions from my trusty friends on Facebook.
So if you're feeling a little down play a few and sing along. Play them loud, dance away, tap your fingers or your toes. Break out some fabulous spirit fingers or dance in your mind. What ever takes your fancy.
And hopefully they can bring a little joy.
Personally Judy and C2C tend to be my play it loud and sing along songs of choice, but there's a little something for everyone.
1. Pharrell Williams, Happy (2013)
2. Goldfrapp, Happiness (2009)
3. C2C, featuring D. Martin, Happy (2012)
4. Judy Garland, Get Happy (1950)
5. REM, Shiny Happy People (1991)
6. Boney M., Happy Song (1984)
7. Kermit the Frog, Happy Feet
8. Bobby Ferrin, Don't Worry Be Happy (1988)
9. Otis Redding,The Happy Song (1968)
Feel free to add any others in the comments.