Friday 13 June 2014

This week I rocked because.... Episode 9

(I picked up the rock on the right from some land we looked at when we first moved. 
It had rained and the wet surface of the rock shone a deep red, so naturally I had to pocket it.)

There have been highlights and lowlights the last two weeks. Post-event malaise, aka kitchen face-planting, does tend to take the shine off life. But once the self-pity and drool is wiped away I can reflect on some of the good times that have peppered that same time.

I have had some highlights where I pulled a rock star performance from my nether regions to shine for an hour or three.

This week I rocked because....
  • I had my first piece of writing (the same one I performed at the Emerging Writers Festival) put up on the Writers Victoria website. That it was also entitled FUBAR just makes it all the more special. As they say, start as you mean to go on.
  • I managed to frock up, Dorothy shoes on, for my neurology appointment this week. Despite the mehness of the appointment, I had sushi and saw a guy full steampunk, long black leather jacket, top hat and aviator goggles, at the hospital. If that doesn't bring a smile to your face nothing will.
  • I managed to brave the teenage boy funk of the youngest's bedroom and wash his sheets and remake his bed. 
  • I squirted cleaner at the mold in the shower. It may not have worked but I still squirted.
  • I have been able to keep up with my #lookingup sundown photos each day despite decreptitude. May have resorted to taking one out my toilet window. But at least I took it!

So tell me, how have you rocked this week?
  • Feel free to share with anyone else who you think may benefit from recognising and celebrating, just how much they've rocked this past week.
Cheers
Michelle :)

And a little chipper Van Morrison to start the day.


Remember to head on over here to donate to my Clicking My Heels For Dysautonomia, raising money for the Greg Page Fund for Orthostatic Intolerance and Dysautonomia research, at The Baker IDI. Thanks to the generosity of many we've already raised over $2,000, keep donating and hopefully we can reach $10,000.



7 comments:

  1. I realised I need to ask for help when things get tough. I've taken a break from activism and just focusing on the happy right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asking for help and taking time for yourself. Now that's 2 things I definitely have trouble with. Congrats for getting there as I know how hard it is. :)

      Delete
  2. Also I loved meeting you finally, and hearing FUBAR :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise. Just wish I'd had energy to go out after. Was a great experience all round despite the panic and nerves leading up to it all. :)

      Delete
  3. I grit my teeth and didnt apply for the 15hr a week job im totally qualified for because I know the consequences will be total physical meltdown. Damn it was haaaard. If anyone thinks we are shirking work they need a year in our shoes finding out they can't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So hard Kate. But it is putting you first which is a huge step. As you say those who think we don't want to work have no idea how much we really wish we could. Hugs xx

      Delete
  4. I went to a blogging conference and brought some awareness to a hilarious group of mom bloggers.
    WOOT WOOT to the funny sick chicks!
    Carrie, the Just Mildly Medicated gal

    ReplyDelete

All who are lovely enough to comment should be showered with cup cakes, glitter and macarons. I promise to use my spoon bending mind powers to try and get that happening for all who are lovely enough to share their words. Those who go the extra step to share posts should really get a free unicorn. Or at least the gift of finding the shortest and quickest line at the supermarket on a regular basis. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.