Thursday 21 March 2013

Wegohealth Health Activist Awards 2012 Best in Show: Blog Finalist!

Next week, the 28th of March (7am of the 29th here in OZ, Argh!), is the awards ceremony for the Wegohealth Health Activist Awards 2012. Amazingly, I am one of the finalists for the Best in Show Blog award. The lovely folk at Wegohealth sent out a pack of goodies to all the finalists and thanks to the lovely Susan, mine made it all the way Down Under in plenty of time. 

Of course I tried to take photos of my goodies and had some help.
Ooooo Presents!!!!
 Putting my foot down and telling Thor and Freyja to sit. 
 Crotch sniff from Thor, removes last vestiges of dignity.
 Token upside down Down Under shot.
 Dog butt shot.
 More dog butt and vane attempts to keep goodies out of his reach.
 Just too exciting.
 No hope of a dog free photo.
 Photo bombing (sigh).
 Excited ghost Freyja is so excited for me that she can't stand still long enough for a decent photo.


I give up. At least I tried.

Don't forget to check out all the fabulous finalists on the list in both the Blog category and all the other categories. Good luck to all my fellow finalists!

UPDATE: Okay I didn't win but that's okay. Huge congratulations to the lovely PCOS Diva who won the Best in Show: Blog award. You can find her here and here

Thanks you everyone for all the support and encouragement. This blog wouldn't be the same without the community that has sprung up around it, and for that I say, "Thank You". xx

Cheers
Michelle :)

I know, 3 posts in one week, I've clearly lost my mind. Less dogs and more words can be found in Tabula Rasa and Only as much as I dream can I be.

And because you can't go past a show tune to be happy I give you Judy Garland.

10 comments:

  1. YAY! Congrats to you.... well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! I love the pics with the dogs. See? They're just as excited as we are! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CONGRATS to you too! I'm glad you can appreciate my crazy dog ladiness :)

      Delete
  3. Yay for goodies! Not sure if I am ready for the peaceful other side or the judgement day, however! Not just yet....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodies are always a bonus. I'm a sucker for a box with a bow :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats! Your blog is truly an inspiration to me. I live in Texas and even though we are worlds apart, I want you to know how your writing helps me get through the day. I often read and re-read your posts. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Leighanna. It means a lot to know I can help someone. Whether that's to share my experience and make someone feel less alone or to simply make someone laugh, it makes it all worth it. xx

      Delete
  5. Michelle, WEGO Health certainly knows how to put on a party! Your blog is wonderful and I wish you the best of luck tonight. Whoever receives the award, we are all winners for opening our hearts, supporting others and building awareness of our health conditions. It is a true honor for me to stand in such esteemed company. -Pamela aka Dystonia Muse-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hear hear, Pamela! The whole process has led me to so many new blogs and it is amazing to see the work that is going on all around the world. It's strange to think how much online health activism has taken off in the last few years. Back when I was working patients often felt isolated. Support networks were primarily face-to-face and many patients simply couldn't make it to those kind of meet ups. And often if what they had was rare there simply was no where to meet others with the same issue. Now you can hop on line from your couch or your bed and find whole networks with information and support. It's just brilliant. xx

      Delete

All who are lovely enough to comment should be showered with cup cakes, glitter and macarons. I promise to use my spoon bending mind powers to try and get that happening for all who are lovely enough to share their words. Those who go the extra step to share posts should really get a free unicorn. Or at least the gift of finding the shortest and quickest line at the supermarket on a regular basis. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.