Wednesday 15 October 2014

Tildy: Exploring Dysautonomia Through the Arts, for Dysautonomia Awareness Month 2014

Today on Exploring Dysautonomia Through The Arts, is Tildy. I love the title of her piece, Well, the Tests are all Normal, as it is a line many of us have heard at some point along the way and particularly before diagnosis. Her choice of colour and the inclusion of the skull and crossbones are perfect.



I've been mysteriously unwell on and off since I was 10, but am awaiting an appointment this month to confirm my 'possible POTS' diagnosis. I've only since June, discovered the Dysautonomia community and am stunned that there's so many other people who understand what these symptoms are like. The blue dress is exactly how you said, amazing.

I work full time at a nail salon and love the designs and nail art side of my job. Although I wouldn't call myself an artist I do paint and draw a fair bit when I'm bored. I love colour! Last year I did an airbrushing course, and when I have time I have been sprucing up my Nana's garden gnome collection. 

Last year when I drew this on my partners tablet I was bed bound again. I had given up on my doctors, I was so frustrated by their lack of concern. I was pretty sure that's not 'just how normal tired people feel' but I tried to stay positive, ignore it all and appreciate the gifts in my life. 

On the surface I acted calm, 

"I'm ok, it'll go away soon, I just need a rest",

but really I was always scared that one day I wouldn't wake up.


*(POTS; Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) 



Remember to head on over here to donate to my Clicking My Heels For Dysautonomia, raising money for the Greg Page Fund for Orthostatic Intolerance and Dysautonomia research, at The Baker IDI. Thanks to the generosity of many we've already raised over $3,200, keep donating and hopefully we can reach $10,000.


2 comments:

  1. What a great picture and a sad story. I hope you feel more hopeful these days Tildy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Tildy! You are very skilled to make that on a tablet!!! I bet your nails and your nanna's garden gnomes are extraordinary too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

All who are lovely enough to comment should be showered with cup cakes, glitter and macarons. I promise to use my spoon bending mind powers to try and get that happening for all who are lovely enough to share their words. Those who go the extra step to share posts should really get a free unicorn. Or at least the gift of finding the shortest and quickest line at the supermarket on a regular basis. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.