Friday 31 October 2014

Julia: Exploring Dysautonomia Through the Arts for Dysautonomia Awareness Month 2014


The final piece for Exploring Dysautonomia Through the Arts comes from Julia. I loved this song from the first time I heard it and thought it was an appropriate way to end the month. Living with any chronic illness is filled with challenges and Dysautonomia is no different. But as hard as it is at times we all keep putting the next foot down on the path. We fight big and small battles each day, but we are all still standing. This month has really shown the creative spirit that exists in the community and I've found both inspiration and kindred spirits. Huge thank you to everyone who has submitted, read, commented or shared.



Julia contributed to last years Dysautonomia Awareness Month that focused on Australian and New Zealand stories. You can find her story here.

This is a song that I wrote (with the help of a friend whi is a music therapist). I was having a really rough time last year and couldn't sleep because of everything that was going on so I thought I'd put my words to music. It it the first song I have ever written.



I'm Up For the Fight 

I'm always behind
Always having to catch up,    
Catch Up
If I could just get through
With no hiccups,   
Catch up....  Catch up

If it’s not one thing
It’s another
But I'm always up for the fight
If it’s not one thing
It’s another
But I'm always up for the fight
If it’s not one thing
It’s another
But I'm always up for the fight
I'm done with one thing here comes another
But I'm always up for the fight

Every time I try to just, just be
Just be
It’s like my body is punishing me,    
Punishing me
Stop, punishing me

[CHORUS]

At night when my brain is spinning
Reality can hit hard
My days are filled with denial
Reality can be hard, 
Can be Hard
Reality can be hard

[CHORUS]

I'm up for the fight ----------- (x4)

[CHORUS] 




Remember to head on over here to donate to my Clicking My Heels For Dysautonomia, raising money for the Greg Page Fund for Orthostatic Intolerance and Dysautonomia research, at The Baker IDI. Thanks to the generosity of many we've already raised over $3,500, keep donating and hopefully we can reach $10,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All who are lovely enough to comment should be showered with cup cakes, glitter and macarons. I promise to use my spoon bending mind powers to try and get that happening for all who are lovely enough to share their words. Those who go the extra step to share posts should really get a free unicorn. Or at least the gift of finding the shortest and quickest line at the supermarket on a regular basis. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.