Friday 7 March 2014

How many red shoes is too many red shoes? (AKA I may need a red shoe intervention.)


Hello my lovelies.

Longterm readers of the blog will know of my love of the colour red (my old loungeroom, my kitchen appliances, my dog's bed, my garden chairs, pots for plants, cushions, the list goes on, Mr Grumpy even feeds my addiction recently buying me a huge red umbrella for the back yard. Even the camera that took the photos for this post is red and has a red case.). They will also know of my love of glittery, impractical red heels. They may not know of the number of red shoes I now possess.

Having moved recently I have been forced to confront my addiction. Or, as I like to think of it, my beautiful red distraction from illness. I have still to find some pairs.

There is nothing more cheery in life than a pair of red shoes. From my Dorothy heels, to my slippers and even my gardening shoes and gumboots, my feet are frequently enclosed in red goodness.

Many I have had for well over 10 years. Purchased with glee back when I was still able to work. And from as far afield as Singapore, on my last overseas trip prior to that pesky illness thing. Yet others have been an impulse buy on a bad day when only a pair of red, polka dot, bow-topped flats could make the world a better place.

I still look longingly at red shoes. Online, or face pressed hard against the window of shoe stores who's pretty, happy offerings are beyond my meagre finances. Oh sweet red leather, faux leather, fabric, sequinned, glittered beauties. How I wish I could take you home.


 Backward or forward, they are a perfect line of loveliness.


Who needs a basket of puppies when you can have a basket of red shoes? 
This is my basket of happiness.

Maybe just one more pair. I can stop any time I want. Really I can. There's that pair of red faux-suede knee high boots that would be perfect for Winter. Or, that pair of patent, red Doc Martins I spotted the other day. Or, the pair of red glittery runners. Or......

Am I alone in my red shoe fetish? Can anyone top my addiction? Or tell me that I really need those knee high boots for my mental health.

Michelle :)

Don't forget to head on over and donate to my Clicking my heels for Dysautonomia, fundraising for Dysautonomia Research at The Baker IDI here in Melbourne. (Information about the ongoing droxidopa aka L-DOPS, trial including how to volunteer, can be found here.)


Click here to donate.


Put on your red shoes and dance the blues!

8 comments:

  1. Angels wanna wear 'em!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O71I6aE8pxQ
    (One of my favorites from the 1970s)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have eight pairs of red shoes. My first pair of heels were red patent leather and I own suede red knee high boots.

    All lovingly stored away because I can't wear them any more due to the ratfucksonofabitch peripheral neuropathy or some shit. Whatever it is it stops me from wearing my pretties and makes me sad.

    BTW we wear the same size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No intervention needed…. love them! That pic of the basket of red shoes is my new favourite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore you and your red shoe collection ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sparkly red heels do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad I found your blog!!! I have been disabled with BOB since May 2009. I too share my couch days with two slobbery Great Danes who usually win the battle of most space on the couch everyday. It is through blogs like yours that I have finally gotten up the courage to start my own. Thank you for sharing. I will add you to my blog reading list. If you get a chance drop me an email or contact me through my blog. I would love to chat about our danes and BOB!!!
    Janet
    http://adayinthelifeofajerk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love red too! Our whole house is pretty much all red ... the first photo is brilliant, you can never have too many shoes, especially when they are red!
    x Hayley-Eszti

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have many red shoes & boots as a counter to 'Fred" (myelodysplastic syndrome which leads to leukaemia, lymphoma and other lovelies) - I also have Sjogrens Syndrome and various add-ons (I hit the jackpot). My red shoes and boots (one pair tiger skin red & black and STUNNING) keep all the nasties at bay. I too couch 'surf' and have the perfect nest for those shite days. Keep up the good work Michelle - your blog is awesome!! Sandra NZ

      Delete

All who are lovely enough to comment should be showered with cup cakes, glitter and macarons. I promise to use my spoon bending mind powers to try and get that happening for all who are lovely enough to share their words. Those who go the extra step to share posts should really get a free unicorn. Or at least the gift of finding the shortest and quickest line at the supermarket on a regular basis. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.