Sunday 18 December 2011

Merry Crafty Christmas

Well it's that time of year again. Time to deck the halls and all that jazz. Not that we have halls in our weirdly set out home. I'll deck one of my three staircases, or alcovey bits. Whatever. As long as my home looks like Christmas threw up on it I'll be pretty happy.

In honour of my crafty plan to pretend I don't have a chronic illness (some use a dissociative fugue, me, I'm trying the hot glue gun of bedazzling possibilities), I have injected a dose of the homemade to our Christmas decorations this year. Mr Grumpy is stoked of course. Or at least that's what I think his resigned head shaking was trying to convey. It is amazing what you can do with a gum tree branch, some spray paint, glitter, some bamboo, greeting cards, a hot glue gun, and a dose of the crazies/fumes from overheated glue. Take that Martha!









I do hope everyone has a fabulous day filled with love, laughter and ham, glorious, glorious Christmas ham. My mouth is already salivating at the promise of that pink salty nirvana. No doubt I will once again spend my days chasing the porcine dragon with wilful abandon until there is naught but a sad stripped white bone remaining, or a ham coma ensues. There will be other culinary delights of course, but none truly compare to the Babe version of China white, wrapped lovingly in its vinegar soaked ham bag. Oh Christmas, why must you come but once a year?

On that note of insanity I bid you all a Merry Christmas and a fantastic New Year, dear readers. Thank you for all your support this past year. This little blog has grown far beyond my expectations over the past year and it's all down to you, my fantastic, gorgeous, rocking readers. 

Big hugs and big love to you all.

Michelle :)


PS. Don't forget to head on over
to The Sit Down Cook
for some tasty, homemade spelt pasta.









And a little treat for those who like a touch of the macabre with their Christmas cheer.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Happy Merry Christmas. I love your Xmas decorations, Love them.
    (I have been ill, may post on it on blog but it seems a little odd when the Xmas lights are glowing bright to talk of hospital, upper abdominal oddities bla bla).

    Michelle, your blog is my favourite. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog this morning...wierd because I have an appointment with my first neurologist today to try and figure out what the heck is going on with me. The cardiologists have not been able to come up with anything in the last 10 years -- aside from neurocardiogenic syncope and atrial fibrillation (24 hour heart monitor confirmed 186 episodes of arrythmia and 15 different types -- I should have won a prize for that. That was why I had to literally crawl from the living room to the bathroom all those times! lol.) I think I have dysautonomia after reading your blog. What medications do you take? I don't take anything currently but I've tried midodrine, zoloft, a boatload of beta blockers, fluor something or other. Yesterday my doctor asked me try ANOTHER beta blocker. NOTHING WORKS....but I will try it anyway because I am always hopeful. Still feel very grateful...there is always someone in a worse situation.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

All who are lovely enough to comment should be showered with cup cakes, glitter and macarons. I promise to use my spoon bending mind powers to try and get that happening for all who are lovely enough to share their words. Those who go the extra step to share posts should really get a free unicorn. Or at least the gift of finding the shortest and quickest line at the supermarket on a regular basis. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.