Monday 14 September 2009

Brownies From Heaven

I've decided to give Bob yet another poorly manicured middle finger. Weight gain and Bob appear to now go hand in hand no matter what I eat so I've decided to say stuff it and enjoy food once more. With my body having also decided it would be fun to develop fructose malabsorption and lactose intolerance (Woo Hoo IBS!) this has become more tricky but I have found the answer.

Through many long chocolatey hours of trial and error I have found the best brownie recipe ever, regardless of intolerances. You have no idea how many brownies I have cooked and eaten to get to this point, but I did it, I took one for the team (one brownie that is), well more than one probably closer to 20 or 30 but who's counting.

I refuse to have a life without chocolate brownies so here are my no fail, food intolerance and Bob friendly,

"Brownies From Heaven"

Ingredients:

375gm Dark Chocolate (the best you can afford although I have used home brand and it has tasted just as good)
250gm Butter (salted of course, I do have Bob after all)
4 Eggs
1 3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar (plus extra tsp to eat while cooking)
1 cup SR Gluten Free Flour
1 tsp Xanthum Gum
1/3 cup Cocoa
1/3 cup Sifted Icing Sugar

Directions:

  1. Heat oven to 180 C.
  2. Line a 20 x 30 cm slice pan.
  3. Melt chocolate and butter together in pan.
  4. Mix all dry ingredients (except icing sugar) and eggs in a large bowl.
  5. Add melted chocolate and butter. Combine until mixture comes away from sides of bowl.
  6. Try to refrain from eating huge spoonfulls of mixture, this can be difficult and you may require someone to pull you away from the bowl.
  7. Pour into pan.
  8. Cook for 20 mins. (Warning: ignore the siren song of the cooking brownies. They smell so good but don't be tempted to open oven door or they will sink).
  9. The slice will still be a bit gooey on the inside when warm and does sink a little as it cools.
  10. You can eat it now, it is so gooey and good, but may crumble (not that this has stopped me in the past).
  11. When cool top with sifted icing sugar and chop into matchbox sized pieces.
  12. Eat brownies savouring each gooey chocolatey bite. YUMMO.
These brownies are better than a Valium or Ciprimil any day. I think I will recommend it to my cardiologist as an alternative therapy!

Any day with a chocolate brownie is a good day!

Cheers
Michelle :)

1 comment:

  1. I love brownies, but are a terrible cook, Even before dys took my brain. But i still try When i got the posibility. And Even more When i can trick my man to help ( do the work :)).

    I migth give This a try, but what is xanthum gum?

    Here i live up north where the Vikings partyed, They have desided that low carb is heaven, so the milk is in everything. My dark chocolat ( 70) is Even infested. But i will find chocolat Whit out milk again. Even if i have to import it my self:)

    Best w from the other side

    ReplyDelete

All who are lovely enough to comment should be showered with cup cakes, glitter and macarons. I promise to use my spoon bending mind powers to try and get that happening for all who are lovely enough to share their words. Those who go the extra step to share posts should really get a free unicorn. Or at least the gift of finding the shortest and quickest line at the supermarket on a regular basis. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.